Regardless of the age of your students, the South Texas MAiZE makes a great field trip opportunity at the Graff 7A Ranch. We want to educate and ‘recreate’ your students! It just so happens that we’re able to accomplish that goal in a fun and unique setting. We invite you to bring your kiddos to get lost in our classroom in the maze!
When are Field Trips?
Field trips are available for school groups Oct. 4 to Nov.17, 2017
Wednesday – Friday 9:30 a.m – 2:30 p.m. during the month of October
Tuesday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. during the month of November
Reservations required for ALL field trip days!
What’s included on a Field Trip?
- 7- acre maze with age appropriate “passports” to help guide you in and out of the maze
- A hayride, where the day-to-day operations of our farm and ranch are described. We’ll also explain to the students how agriculture plays an important role in their lives everyday!
- A one time ride, per person, (yes adults, too!) on the Twin Cow Train
- Feed and pet our precious Boer goats (.50 cents for feed)
- Hay bale jump
- Cowboy Ken’s Kiddie Korral & much more!
- One time jumping session for each class on one of our two Corn Poppers (jumping pillows)
- Unlimited sliding on our huge Matter-Corn Slide Mountain
How much does it cost?
The per student fee is $7.00. ONE chaperone for every 3-5 students is REQUIRED. The required chaperones are admitted FREE! Extra chaperones pay the field trip rate of $7.00+tax. Field trip rates are valid on field trip days only, no discounts apply to field trip rates.
Reservations are required for ALL field trips.
Please have ONE person pay for the field trip. Checks should be made out to the South Texas MAiZE.
Tips for Teachers and Teaching Resources
Please visit our Teaching Resources section of the Graff Gazette for lesson plans, curriculum, coloring sheets and more things that will make planning your field trip to South Texas MAiZE easier and more interesting! And check the FAQ section for important information about organizing your trip.